Monday, April 9, 2012

Sewing, crafting, dreaming.



Happy Monday!
The sun is out and about today - warming our chilly Vancouver toes. I have been busy working on things around the house. Nesting, nesting, nesting.

Speaking of a nest. Here is the completed bird mobile I posted about making in this blog post using this tutorial. We switched it up a bit - making it circular but everything else is about the same. The hardware we hung it on swivels so the mobile can twirl around.






 

I used all sorts of fabric scraps for the birdies. I love that when I look at each birdie I can think about what that fabric was used for in another project. Some of the fabric was used in the babe's quilt and many others in various projects around the house. My lovely beau picked out the structural branches from our yard - drilled holes in them and strung them together lovingly. It was a fun weekend project and I'm so glad that the babe will have something we both made for it. 

I have been a little fabric obsessed lately. I decided this week (at 38.5 weeks pregnant..) that I would make a throw quilt for my Mother in Law's birthday gift. I'm using this interesting looking tutorial from a cuppa and a catch up. If I have leftover fabric I'm planning on making some Dresden Plate pillows using this tutorial from Sew, Mama Sew!



Have a wonderful start to the week. 

Lots of love,

2 comments:

  1. That is very cute and very creative! I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I've just found your blog and had to comment on these birds - they are so lovely : ) will browse some more,
    Sian www.myideamine.com/Beetlebirdhare

    ReplyDelete