Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Good bites my dear!

Strawberry Smoothie:

Strawberry Smoothie:
handful of strawberries (frozen)
1 individual container vanilla yogurt
splash of fruit juice

Do you ever have days where you set out to do one thing and somehow a million other things pile up as well? I should be studying for my final today, but it's on Friday and I thankfully have Thursday off so I will be cramming them. Today however is a day for my kitchen. I set out to make chicken meatballs today, realized we needed bread and decided while I was at it why not dirty more dishes and make a delicious smoothie treat.

The delicious sweetness of smoothies make me long for summer to come. Something inside of me says this summer will be truly wonderful, oh I hope so.

Chicken Meatballs:


Can you guess which egg is organic and which is just free range? ;)

2lb ground chicken
1 tsp seasoning salt

1 tsp garlic seasoning
1 c bread crumbs
2 eggs
handful of Parmesan cheese
Combine all, form balls, bake at 400* for 15 minutes


Result: Delicious, I like freezing them in little batches for spaghetti and pasta dishes.

Light wheat bread:



So yummy, I just ate a slice slathered with PB. I generally don't like making bread recipes with so many ingredients because it raises the costs, but this was well worth it. I also used my Kitchen Aid for most of the kneading.

Recipe:
http://smittenkitchen.com/2009/01/light-wheat-bread/


So there's my update...
And as my grandma would say,
Good bites my dear! Good bites!

Am

No comments:

Post a Comment