Monday, February 7, 2011

A country kitchen of my own


barnowlprimitives Our Nest

We are currently renting an older duplex rancher. The area where we live is transitioning from older stucko homes to those newer houses - you know the kind that they throw up in two months. I don't see us living here for that much longer, we our saving up for a place of our own, but of course it is a work in progress. I have thought quite a bit about design and what I would want our home to look like when we own. I love design, I love and admire those who have the ability to create amazing spaces. I find that I struggle with the actual process and making it all - "work". I know what I like, and what I don't like but there is also a lot I have to learn about good design.

One day I would love a country kitchen.
I get really inspired whenever my gal pal blogs about kitchen design at her blog. Visions of apron front sinks, white washed walls, vintage appliances and robins egg blue enter my dreams. I thought I would share my recent country kitchen table set up. I did this on a very tight budget so it's not amazing and designer-esque but I love it. And it's holding me off until I can have a country kitchen of my own.











I made the table runner out of a nice heavy canvas material, I wanted to do burlap but I didn't have any on hand. The only items that I purchased were the adorable bird on the smaller cake stand from Michaels for about $5 and the small ceramic creamer also from Michaels which was about $5 also. The Yellow flowers were from the dollar store and cost about $3. Everything else I had, the pitcher is from Homesense and the clear glass vase is from Wal-Mart. I do hope you enjoy my simple set up.

I thought I would also spread some Etsy love and share some country kitchen items that I adore.

Beautiful vintage seller TheOldRedHen


redhotpottery


Loves,
Amber


No comments:

Post a Comment