Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Weekending and Sewing


Happy Tuesday! There was a long weekend here in Canada so today feels like Monday. Our long weekend was lovely and busy. We made our first big purchase in forever, some outdoor furniture. It felt like such a grown up purchase, but we did so enjoy having a little bbq last night and eating outside on the new table and chairs. The photograph above is my favorite way to have salmon. Sea salt and a bit of lemon juice. Let the fillet sit for 10-15 minutes to mellow then bbq.

This week work commences on the quilt. I think I underestimated exactly how much work this project will be, but it is enjoyable. I'm certain I will be proud of the finished project. I keep sidetracking and starting on other small sewing projects for fun.

Recently I made this cute pincushion. I used a pattern from paper.string.cloth it was easy to follow and only took a few minutes to complete.


I also started on a Dresden Plate. I read a few quilting blogs and kept seeing these lovely quilt blocks everywhere. I love the history of sewing. For example the Dresden Plate was popular in America in the 1920's and 1930's when making quilts. I love that people are still making quilts that were made almost 100 years ago. If you are curious about Dresden Plates the tutorial I used is here. I need to remember to take some photographs of mine.

I'm planning on a quiet morning here, perhaps working a bit on my knitting and enjoying a cup of tea. Have a wonderful Tuesday.

Loves!

No comments:

Post a Comment