Saturday, August 20, 2011

A Quilt For My Nest.

The quilt is done. If you are curious about the process I've had making the quilt and the cost/material breakdown click here (a side note, I did end up adding 12 more quilt blocks to the original design, thus increasing the cost a bit).

Here are two different views. I love how the quilt always looks a bit different depending on which pattern block you focus on.

I used a few different tutorials but the most useful I found was on the blog Diary of a Quilter. In particular I used this tutorial for piecing all of my layers of the quilt together. There are thorough directions on this lovely blog to help you complete a quilt from start to finish.

I used a lovely vintage sheet for the inside lining of the quilt. The price was right and I adore the print.

The vintage sheet came with matching pillow cases so I have matching pillowcases for the quilt. I think it's a unique addition to the set.

There is something so satisfying about making something for yourself start to finish. I also adore indulging in activities that were done over a hundred years ago. I think I did underestimate how much work this project would be - but I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Have a wonderful Sunday.


No comments:

Post a Comment