Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Happy 50th post & Chalk Paint

Although this blog is mainly just to categorize my personal ramblings, I do feel very proud that I have committed to it for over a year now and have hit my 50th post. I love that I look forward to posting neat things that I myself would enjoy reading.

I'm raising a glass of iced blended coffee to toast my 50th post. Here's to many more!

Now onto my new obsession,

Annie Sloan Chalk Paint. It seems as though these words have graced many of my personal favorite blogs lately. This beautiful paint is perfect for making over vintage wood pieces of furniture and comes in an array of lovely colors.

My favorites,

Scandinavian Pink
Old Ochre
Duck Egg Blue
Paris Grey

Here is a little excerpt from the Annie Sloan website,
"Annie Sloan developed her now famous Chalk Paint to answer the need she had for a paint which would have many uses from acting like limewash to looking like old painted furniture and that had a good range of colour that could be extended by the user. This paint is very easy to work with and allows people to be creative as one doesn't get involved with the technicalities of preparation and it also allows you to change your mind without hassle."

Sounds good to me!

Some of my favorite examples I've seen using this paint have come from Miss Mustard Seed.

Her blog is amazing and inspiring.



A Painted Desk by Miss Mustard Seed
Painted using Annie Sloan's Louis Blue and and Old White.


Dining Room Set Reveal by Miss Mustard Seed
Painted using Annie Sloan's Old White.


Dresser Before and After by Miss Mustard Seed
Painted Using Annie Sloan's Aubusson Blue and Old White.

I love the combination of this paint and the distressing Miss Mustard Seed does.
It makes my heart go pitter patter.

After doing some research I am so sad to find that Annie Sloan's Chalk paint is not avaliable in Canada. Here is hoping this lovely product will find its way onto Canadian shelves.

Loves!

No comments:

Post a Comment