Thursday, July 21, 2011

Vacationing


I am still on my wonderful summer vacation. There is something very liberating about waking up in the morning and designing your day exactly the way you want it to go. Most of the time it doesn't turn out as perfect as I envision, but it is truly fabulous. I am slowly working my way through a list I created that includes all of the things I want to accomplish with my time off. I blogged a little about that list in my Quilting Inspiration post. My list is a lot longer then the one I described there, but I am happy to report that I can cross one project off.

I have learned a little bit about knitting.


This is just a simple Garter Stitch. So far I have just knitted squares, this is a slightly bigger square. I'm thinking it might be a nice face cloth. Isn't it wonderful making something from simple materials?

I have worked a little on my quilt. All of the squares are cut out and stacked up on my sewing table waiting to be sewn. I need some more motivation to start that project!

I have always dreamed of painting a water color. I love how happy and cheery water colors look. So here are my recently purchased supplies. I'm excited to listen to some soft music and paint something simple and fun.


Accompanying me today while painting is delicious homemade iced tea. I used this recipe from Babble.com. I have to say it tastes pretty fabulous.

Mmmm steamy tea steeping.


I added the juice of two lemons to the pitcher of iced tea.



Are you on vacation?
Do you have any projects that you dream of accomplishing?
What is your idea of the perfect day?
I'd love to hear your thoughts <3

Have a wonderful Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment