Thursday, March 31, 2011

New Bedroom Debut

My vacation is coming to a close, but I have spent this week on something somewhat productive. I decided to re do our bedroom. We started saving up for a home of our own and from what I budgeted we were supposed to be ready this September. Unfortunately I miscalculated my beau's temporary raise into the budget and realized we wont be financially ready until January-February 2012. I'm pretty sure my redecorating obsession has stemmed from this. I'm trying to make our nest a bit more cozy to make it easier knowing we are staying where we are for so much longer.

Onto some good DIY!

Lately I have felt really inspired by Robins Egg Blue. I decided to take the plunge and paint the bedroom entirely in that color! I am a very beige person so this was a big decision for me. I'm really glad I did it while we are renting because although I am pleased with the results, I'm still not sure if it I am madly in love with it. I also decided to try my hand at stenciling. There are many other amazing DIY blogs out there where you can see lots of great examples of stenciling. Again, I am glad I tried this technique while renting, it's been great practice for me.

Here's the before pictures of my bedroom,

And the after pictures,

I moved the bed in front of the window. I love how much light white curtains bring in.


This is a close up of the little shelf, it holds my milk glass vase collection.

An awkward look of the stenciled wall, It was impossible to fit it all in one picture!

I swapped out our old nightstands for this cute cabinet. My Great Grandmother built this cabinet decades ago. I inherited it awhile back was really excited to be able to put it to good use. I think eventually I will give it a fresh coat of paint and new knobs. Another DIY project perhaps!

This is the far wall, kind of bland still! I'm thinking about what I want for the art in this space. I'm pretty sure the pictures up now are temporary. Also I apologize if the pictures look grainy or pixelly I'm not really sure why this happened. I have an amazing camera yet I'm pretty awful at taking photos of anything that isn't close up. Hopefully my photo's somewhat conveyed how cute the stenciling came out, and perhaps encourage you to give stenciling a try! I will put up a post in a few days detailing my stenciling experience.

Overall I'm happy with the space I created. I didn't expect it to turn out quite as bright, or quite as feminine (my beau hasn't yet seen the completed space, not sure if he's going to love it or hate it!). I do think sprucing up the space was a fun experience for me and a great learning lesson!

Loves!
Am

No comments:

Post a Comment